Sarah Comerford BSc (Hons), QCG, AdvDip, MBACP
I think one of the best things about my job is; I am able to witness the change people can make in their lives and the courage and strength an individual can summon when given the space and opportunity to do so.
I work as a clinical supervisor and an integrative therapist, which means I am trained in and incorporate three established counselling and psychotherapy approaches in my practice. These are Psychodynamic, Person Centred and aspects of CBT (Cognitive Behavioural Therapy). I am therefore able to adapt the most beneficial aspects of these approaches to tailor the work we do to your individual needs: after all, everyone is different and unique.
I believe relationships are at the heart of what it is to be human. I can work with you to explore the significant relationships in your life, whether that be with family or friends, work colleagues or partners, and most importantly the relationship you have with yourself.
Therapy can be an invitation to escape distractions, pressures and external demands and give you the opportunity and space to explore you and your internal world.
Training, qualifications & experience
I am a registered member of the British Association of Counselling and Psychotherapy (BACP).
- Advanced Certificate (Level 6) in Clinical Supervision
- Advanced Diploma in Humanistic Integrative Counselling, Level 5 (BACP Accredited)
- Certificate in Counselling
- BSc (Hons) Human Psychology
- Post Graduate Diploma in Careers Guidance
- Level 4 in Advice and Guidance
- Safeguarding for young people (2023) and up to date DBS check
- Shame, Trauma and Dissociation
- Working alongside trans, non-binary and gender questioning people, their partners and families
- Time-limited Counselling
- CBT (Cognitive Behavioural Therapy)
- Fragmented Minds: Dissociation, Dissociative Identity Disorder and Psychosis.
- Psychiatry, Psychodynamics and Psychopathology